My mission is to love people "from the inside out" and inspire others to do the same.

H is for Heart

H is for Heart...of course! Was there every any doubt? ;) There are many senses of the word "heart." When it comes to loving from the inside out, it naturally is about what's at the core of a person--their intellect, their emotions, their personality--their essential character...and relating to them on that basis. It does others' hearts good when you treat them that way, and, I can tell you from experience, it can do your heart good too. (More on that in a future post. Update: Here is that post.)

source: istockphoto.com
But I want to talk too about the literal sense of "heart"--the one beating inside your chest. It was a heart attack that killed Ron (see "About This Blog," left). Now, the autopsy said that was caused by his obesity, and of course, I have a hard time disputing that. In any case, Ron did not get the kind of medical help that he needed. He was trying to lose weight (for my sake), but, tragically, it was too little, too late.

So, I beg of you: Please, take care of yourself. If not for your own sake, then at least for the sake of those who love you. Granted, doing so won't guarantee you long life or even continued life at all. We could all go at any second. But if you do take care of yourself, then at least those who love you won't have that as one more reason to be angry with you when you're gone.

6 comments

  1. He does look like a very sweet and kind person. How sad that you had to lose him. My husband is currently working very hard to lose weight as heart disease runs in his family. He's only 63 and has already outlived every male in his family.

    Nice to meet you, and I hope you're enjoying the Challenge.

    KarenG
    A to Z Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,

      Thanks so much. Best wishes to you and your husband.

      Delete
  2. Health is indeed wealth. you've a great blog and mission:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good message for all of us! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs in April. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from a to z.
    I like your mission with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad. It sounds like you really loved and cared for him.

    When I used to do medical transcription work, the number people having myocardial infarctions from obesity was very high. Too, there were many other medically related problem due to morbid obesity.

    I believe that you will continue to love others regardless and that is very nice to know. I will follow your blog for what I expect to be an encouragement and a reminder to love others regardless.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

© Loving From the Inside Out

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig